Monday, January 24, 2011

Breaking Free

I have always been scared of this Breaking Free study.  I don't like emotional stuff.  I don't like getting in touch with my feelings.  If you ignore things long enough they go away, right?  This is going to be an interesting journey for me.  I'm not sure I am ready.

I am ready, though, to hear what God wants me to learn with this study.  I struggle with the self discipline to stick to a bible study or daily reading.  Combining bible study and time on the computer (which I already do too much of) is going to be a great combination.

Today's lesson that I was reading talked about Uzziah and his pride.  Pride...now there is a subject I know a lot about.  I have it.  I suffer from it.  I don't always see it.  I recognize and judge others for it.  I scorn it.  I have it.  I suffer from it.  I need a cure.

Lord, help me to recognize and remove pride from my life.  Help me to discern the differences in pride and self confidence.  Help me to know when I have righteous anger, and not offended pride.  Help me to show your humility and love.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with pride to Delynn. So happy to see you blogging...

    ReplyDelete